Sunday, October 5, 2008

Bear World (Rigby, ID)





We took a trip to Bear World.
It was such a fun day at Bear World. We saw the strangest thing as we were driving through the park.... a gray cat (domestic cat as in hear kitty kitty)was sitting right in front of a sleeping bear. The cat was gray and white. It just looked up at all of us like it had no problem sleeping by an 800 pound bear!!! It was so amazing. I asked one of the park rangers about it, but I don't think they believed me. I told them that I even had video!! (the picture above on the right shows the cat in the weeds and the bear is to the left under the braches asleep) Anyway, it was a fun day. One bear walked right up our suburban. The kids also got to pet and feed deer, chickens, turtles, goats and a very onry pig. It was a fun day for our family.

7 comments:

Harris Family said...

That looks like so much fun! We haven't been there for a couple of years. I bet Parker would love it!

jennie said...

That looks just like our cat! And today I went to IF & saw a dead bear on the side of the road just past Bear World. Maybe the bear got mad and chased the cat right out into the road. What do you think? :) Glad you had fun!

Preston & Courtney Dial said...

Here is our address.Courtney
http://prestonandcourtney.blogspot.com/

Tanalyn said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!!!Matt shot one of those bad bears last year and it's now laying as a rug in my family room.Who knew?

Tyson and Emily said...

Hi Kathy! Haven't seen for a while, but Shaunna at work mentions what you're up to once in a while. You have a very cute family. Our blog address is www.tysonemily.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

How fun! I've never been to Bear World. The cat story is funny. I could just see you telling the Ranger about it! How funny! Glad you guys had a great time.

Oh, bytheway, add me to your list!: http://nicklisaorme.blogspot.com :)

Tanalyn said...

Bear Lake is the greatest!We're looking for a cabin there so keep your eyes open for us.